Erin’s aviation expertise can be viewed below. Please refer to her main profile for details of her expertise in other areas of law.
Erin has a particular interest in aviation work and has been involved in a number of high-profile cases in the High Court. Her work has included:
- Presently instructed in a fraud claim in the Commercial Court by Gulf Air against a former employee and other entities, claiming damages for misrepresentation, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, dishonest assistance, knowing receipt and conspiracy, including obtaining a WWFO (Gulf Air v One Inflight and others).
- Instructed on Ethiopian Airlines’ claim against Honeywell and others, in relation to the Boeing Dreamliner fire at Heathrow in 2013 (Ethiopian Airlines v Honeywell and others).
- Claim on behalf of the purchaser of a part-share in an aircraft seeking the return of US$4m paid on the grounds of non-delivery, alternatively damages for breach of contract or conversion (Sheikh Kaki v NAS). After this claim was successful the defendant brought a retaliatory claim against the claimant which Erin successfully defeated by an application for summary judgment (NAS v Sheikh Kaki).
- Defending a claim by an injured passenger for negligence against the manufacturer of an engine part.
- Defending a claim against an aircraft maintenance company for alleged overcharging and breaches of duty of care and skill in the provision of maintenance to a Cessna 152 Aircraft.
- Claim by seller of aircraft for damages following purchaser’s failure to complete on the sale (Lunar Jet v American Aircraft International)
- In 2010, led by Steven Thompson, representing Air France in a dispute involving the sale by Air France of six Boeing 747s (Eagle Aircraft Leasing v Air France (2009-2010)). The case concerned the delivery condition of the aircraft and documentation pursuant to the sale and purchase agreements and local regulatory requirements.
- Defending a dispute surrounding the manufacture, sale and purchase of aircraft components in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Representing the defendant airlines in various different claims made by a passenger for compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004.