Daniel’s aviation expertise can be viewed below. Please refer to his main profile for details of his expertise in other areas of law.
- London Executive Aviation v The Lily Partnership  EWHC 1308 (Comm): Daniel acted (as sole counsel) for the successful claimant in a 4 day trial in the Mercantile Court for the recovery of sums due under an aircraft management agreement. The case raised issues of contractual construction and estoppel by representation.
- Bank of Scotland v United Breweries (Holdings) Limited  EWHC 134 (Comm): Daniel acted for the respondent to a summary judgment application in a multi-million pound claim for the recovery of sums due under aircraft leases.
- Aercap Partners v Avia Asset Management  EWHC 2431 (Comm);  2 CLC 578: 5 day trial in the Commercial Court (which Daniel attended as a pupil) concerning a dispute about sums due under and aricraft purchase and sale agreement. The case raised loss of a chance issues.
- ACG Acquisition v Olympic Airlines SA  EWHC 923 (Comm);  2 CLC 578: summary judgment in the Commercial Court (which Daniel attended as a pupil) concerning a dispute about whether rent was due under an aircraft lease agreement notwithstanding that the relevant aircraft was not airworthy.
- Eagle Aircraft Leasing v Air France (settled 2010): a multi-million pound claim relating to contracts for the sale of several aircraft by Air France.
- Daniel has particular experience acting for and against airlines in relation to passenger claims for delayed flights under EC Regulation 261/2004 and in relation to the rights of disabled passengers under EC Regulation 1107/2006. In this regard, Daniel has appeared on behalf of British Airways, KLM, and Emirates.
- Assisting with advice on a claim by the owners of a helicopter against insurers after the helicopter was seized by customs officials in Iraq.
- Assisting with advice on a claim by the lessor of an aircraft against the lessee for damage to the engine of the aircraft due to alleged misuse of the aircraft by the lessee.